Meteor Showers Meteor Showers

This is nothing less than a masterpiece. Soothing and crunk as heck.

Rekuiem responds:

I'm flattered man. I'm glad the mix of using music that's usually approached so softly transformed into a really crunked fuzz worked for ya. I wanted to rough up the standards,

Orange`s Disaster Orange`s Disaster

It doesn't sound like much thought was put into it. Over 90% of your notes are seemingly random quarter notes. The piano accompaniment doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason in its progression.

Sorry but this sounds wack to me.

Boss Battle Boss Battle

It would help if it didn't sound like a MIDI that was directly converted to an MP3. Use some SoundFonts or VST instruments, man.

And keep trying. This piece doesn't quite cut it for a boss theme, but you're getting somewhere.

MuscleHanz MuscleHanz

If you want to make true 8 bit, try music software like FamiTracker. You can make music that you could hear on real NES/Famicom hardware with it.

Of course, what you have here isn't half bad. I think the high-pitched notes you have in the second half are a bit harsh to my ears, but overall this is pretty cool.

lesexoflex responds:

Thanks for the review and well-thought advice. I have not done anything serious with FamiTracker yet, because I'm off-put and intimidated by its unfamiliar interface and control scheme, haha. That's how I feel about it as of now, but I'll definitely grow a pair.

Once again, thank you.

Locked Up Locked Up

As others have mentioned, it's the lack of recording quality that is killing the quality of this song. I want to love what you've written, but the recording quality is making that difficult.

The other thing wrong with your song is the lack of a good bass line. Most compositions NEED a good bass line to have adequate substance. Any bass that is in your song is almost impossible to hear.

JimmyTheCaterpillar responds:

Thank you for the review, but frankly the song is supposed to sound like that in my eyes, so suck as it may, it's the way it is.

Showdown Showdown

I like it. The introduction is a little uneventful for a battle theme though, IMO.

MobiusIII responds:

Yeah I get what you're saying. I may work with this one a little more. Thanks for listening!

Sound of the Siren Sound of the Siren

I find the "siren" somewhat annoying (it's a bit loud compared to the rest of the song and has little variation) but otherwise this isn't half bad.

JimmyTheCaterpillar responds:

Well thank ya for that.

Winter Night's Journey (Through The Storm) Winter Night's Journey (Through The Storm)

Metal isn't necessarily my thing, but you've got some pretty sweet music there. I can't think of a single thing wrong with what you've composed. Go on, have a perfect score.

rtnario responds:

Hahaha, that sounds real encouraging, glad you liked it! :)